Thursday, March 5, 2009

Chapter 13, Sections 21 The Apologist and the Word

I choose to separate out this particular section because as I read, I found myself filing away quote after quote for future use. How the church needs to be reminded of these truths! Rather than make any extended comments, I'll just list some of them hear and let the accumulated effect take hold.

"...let us use great caution that neither our thoughts nor our speech go beyond the limits to which the Word of God itself extends."

"...as Hilary says, he is the one fit witness to himself, and is not known except through himself."

"...let us not take it into our heads either to seek out God anywhere else than in his Sacred Word, or to think anything about him that is not prompted by his word, or to speak anything that is not taken from the Word."

"...let it be remembered that men's minds, when they indulge their curiosity, enter into a labyrinth."

To the law, and to the testimonies!

No comments:

Post a Comment